Friday, June 15, 2007


Jessica Alba keeps putting her foot in her mouth and it's kind of entertaining. Case in point: “I’ve got cousins galore. Mexicans just spread all their seeds. And the women just pop them out.” Holy shit! Did she say “pop them out”? And then there’s this one:
“My grandfather…tried to forget his Mexican roots, because he never wanted his kids to be made to feel different in America. He and my grandmother didn’t speak Spanish to their children. Now, as a third-generation American, I feel as if I have finally cut loose.”
Cord from Mollygood says, "I understand that people have a desire to assimilate and be accepted for who they are rather than what their ethnicity is. But talking about how proud you are to be a part of the generation that was finally able to get rid of that whole “Mexican” burden is fucked up on a variety of levels, each riddled with more shame than the one prior. Zapata’s mustache just fell off in Heaven."

No comments: