Monday, December 18, 2006



Celeb blogger Perez Hilton is in deep shit...first with Reichen Lehmkuhl, Lance Bass's (or alternately, Steph) boyfriend, and second with x17.com, a major paparazzi agency. Reports TMZ.com: "Reichen says that Perez's report that he made out without someone other than Bass at a party is a "blantant lie" [sic], and that Perez erroneously reported that the former *NSYNCer and "Amazing Race" winner had broken up. "Contrary to what this ugly wind-bag has reported, I have not broken up with my boyfriend. I did not go home with anyone from "Survivor" from any party..."

He also defends rumors that he's with Lance Bass for his money or fame, "My book was done before I ever met Lance...I'm self-sufficient and happy to be that way. I have served my country, I have made my own money, my own career, written my own books, bought my own homes and other possesions, and I'm proud to be this way, on my own."

As for Perez, he tells us "I'm flattered that Reichen is such a fan of my website."

Wait, his head gets bigger.

He's being sued for $7.5 million (which makes celebdish wonder how much you can actually make in celeb blogging?) for stealing photos and doodling on them with his own sassy comments. Perez is either loved or hated, but most recently was frowned upon in the Hollywood community for his repeated "outings", which prompted Lance Bass, TR Knight, and Neil Patrick Harris to come out in the past few months. My personal opinion is that just because Perez is here, queer and loving it, doesn't mean that everyone whose gay shares his views and necessarily wants the public to know details of their personal lives. Sure, Melissa Etheridge and Tammy Lynn Michaels can have a full-page spread in US Weekly about the birth of their twins and their new lives together, but don't expect NPH to publicize any marriage he might have.

"A Hollywood photo agency is suing snarky gossip blogger Perez Hilton aka Mario Lavandeira, for copyright infringement. The agency claims Perez used their images on his website "without permission from the agency, thereby violating federal law."

The tabloid agency is seeking over $7.5 million dollars in damages from Perez for what they say is a loss of profits and injury to their reputation. The photo agency believes their pics have played a large part in the success and profitability of perezhilton.com, which reportedly charges between $9,000 and $16,000 a week for ad space. It costs plenty to appear next to Britney's crotch!

Perez tells TMZ, "I have yet to be personally served with this lawsuit. My lawyers and I will address the situation when we have the opportunity to review the materials."

The self-proclaimed "Gossip Gangsta," who calls a local L.A. coffee shop his "office," is currently scheduled to appear on the upcoming "Big in '06 Awards" on VH1, and on MTV's New Year's Eve special."

No comments: