Tuesday, November 07, 2006

I haven't posted anything yet on the Madonna adoption because it was so up in the air for a while...first she's in Africa, then she's going to adopt, then she's just there on a humanitarian mission, wait, she DID adopt, now the dad's pissed, Oprah gets involved, blah blah. It was a lot to follow, so I hope you'll forgive that I waited this long. I know everyone is dying for the latest on Madonna. But according to Star, "Madonna has taken a vicious beating in the press for her adoption of a 13-month-old Malawi orphan. After critics charged she 'manipulated' the child away from his poor, uneducated father, Madonna went on The Oprah Winfrey Show to state her case. Not only was Oprah swayed, but in a Star poll, 75% of respondents support the adoption and a whopping 84% think the human rights groups that are fighting it should butt out!"
Here's David and Guy Ritchie at their London home. And note David's red Kabbalah bracelet in the photo above, as he and Madonna arrive at JFK Airport in NYC on Oct. 29. David's biological father, Yohane Banda, is now defending Madonna and the adoption, telling CNN, "There are no regrets. I give my son David to Madonna with all my heart. Please be strong and don't give up the fight. My David will be a good son to you."

Don't know what Malawi is like, how much access Yohane has to magazines, and American ones at that, but it might be oddly comforting for him to know that he can follow David's life via the paparazzi's lens, since we've already seen so much of his siblings Lourdes, 10, and Rocco, 6.

No comments: