Saturday, September 09, 2006




Apparently, Nicole Richie is not anorexic.

From Hollywood Rag, the story: "A doctor has told Lionel Richie his adopted daughter Nicole is not anorexic.The concerned singer took Nicole - who has previously admitted she is too thin - to see a medical professional but was left surprised when told his daughter was not suffering from an eating disorder.

Lionel told Swedish newspaper Expressen: "I stood in front of the doctor, looked him in the eyes, and I said 'Is it anorexia?' And he said, 'It isn't anorexia.'" The doctor told the 'Hello' singer that Nicole's dramatic weight loss was"stress related" and that he believed it was due to Lionel's divorce from her mother Brenda Harvey, in 1993, when Nicole was 12, and the intense interest in her private life.

Lionel has also admitted he fears his daughter could suffer the same grizzly fate as that of the late Princess Diana, because of the constant mediainterest in her life. He added: "I live with the constant fear that Nicole is going to become the next Princess Diana." Just to give an example of how crazy everything has become, I always know when Nicole is on her way home because she is always followed by a helicopter and seven cars. It's harassment."

In addition he claims the media manipulates pictures of his daughter to make her appear even thinner. He said: “Many times, they manipulate pictures of her.“She’s shown me the difference between the original and what’s published in the newspaper. They make her look much worse.”

Hmmm. Granted, I don't have a medical degree, but if I looked at her, I would think she's anorexic. Especially that picture in Star? With her jogging on the beach? I don't even know how her bandeau bikini top stays up. Well, the jury's out on this one. Celebrity tabloids certainly have the power to manipulate photos and make them look believable, but I refuse to think that she's healthy at 80lbs or whatever she weighs.

UPDATE: Nicole told Tyra Banks (who shouldn't have 2 shows on the air) that she thinks she looks fine. "Nicole Richie has denied she is suffering from an eating disorder and insists she looks "OK". The super-slim 'Simple Life' star, who has been at the center of speculationshe is suffering from anorexia for months, is adamant she is eating well andhas blamed her skinny physique on stress and not her diet. She told US TV chat show host Tyra Banks: "I think I look OK. I definitely wouldn't mind gaining a few more pounds at all. I think that people's weight fluctuates. It happens. It happens to everybody."Nicole, 24, added: "A lot of people gain weight under stress and a lot of people lose weight under stress and I am one of those people that loses weight. I am naturally a thin person and I am 5' 1" and putting on five or 10 pounds, that looks like a lot on me."Nicole also revealed how she was reduced to tears after a photographer accused her of suffering from anorexia. She said: "I just broke down. You can't talk to people like that. If someone is anorexic, that's a serious disease. I would never say if someone was losing their hair they had cancer. Youcan't say someone has a disease if they don't." When asked if she was anorexic, Nicole vehemently denied it, saying, "Absolutely not. One hundred per cent not! I am not anorexic. I am not bulimic. I do not have an eating disorder."

No comments: