Thursday, June 07, 2007


Want a piece of Bob Barker's skinny mic? No, not that skinny mic, the one he's used for years (okay, again, not that skinny mic--do we have to keep thinking about Bob Barker this way?) and has just put up for auction on eBay to benefit the United Activists for Animal Rights. Current bid is $6,700, not a bad price to guide Barker into retirement. His last show was filmed yesterday and will air June 15, and his thirty years at CBS and with "The Price is Right" saw a bevy of Barker's Beauties and college sweatshirts and men/women in uniform. While I'm sad to see Barker's reign come to an end, I'm even sadder that I've never seen someone win both showcases on the same show. It's like an urban legend: I've heard from different people that they've seen it, but never with my own eyes have I seen someone sweep the dining room set, the jacuzzi, the camper, and the vacation to Cancun, all on one show. And if Mario Lopez or someone becomes the new Bob, yuck, count me out. I can make my own Plinko board.

"Remember: have your pets spayed or neutered. Goodbye everybody!"

No comments: