Wednesday, August 09, 2006



From Bricks and Stones: In the September issue of Elle, Lindsay Lohan chats with the mag over artichokes and shrimp scampi at the trendy NYC eatery Da Silvano. Over the course of the three-hour interview, Lohan arrives 40 minutes late (having blown off two interviews already), takes calls from the paparazzi, and demands that a spray-tanning technician waiting at her hotel come to the restaurant to hose her down (and then makes her go back to the hotel with her when they can’t find an electrical outlet for the tanning gun).

Elle: Do you think you’re in tabloids too much?

LL: “You kind of ask for it when you go to nightclubs. People are like, ‘Just don’t go out!’ but I can’t help it. I literally come out of my hotel and the [photographers] are there. It’s not like I ask them to follow me. But you know, it’s actually weird when the paparazzi’s not there and things aren’t being written, because you kind of wonder, Do people not care anymore?”

Elle: How many times do you sleep with someone before you’re officially dating them? I don’t know the rule these days?

LL: “I don’t either. But Sex and the City changed everything for me, because those girls would just sleep with so many people! My mom’s going to kill me for talking about sleeping with people. But if I’m going to give my body to someone, I’d rather them not be with other people.”

Elle: That’ s very old fashioned of you.

LL: “Yeah, but I want to be able to if I like someone else.”

Elle: It’s the variety of partners that you like?

LL: “I think everyone does, especially at my age. I mean, if the sex is bad, the relationship’s not going anywhere. But I don’t think I’ve had enough experience with dating one guy for a long time. The only one was Wilmer [Valderrama], and apparently Jared [Leto], but Jared was so paranoid. He’d always be like, ‘Don’t come over if you’re going to bring 15 f—king paparazzi!’ That gets hard too….But if it’s, like, a guy who’s just starting out in a band, or a model, or a new actor, you feel like, ‘Okay, this is weird that they’re getting so much press for just being with me.’ And they might get a big head. You have to think about those things.”

Does her publicist not accompany her on interviews anymore? We've got admittance to drugs and an eating disorder in Vanity Fair, now promiscuity and sex in Elle. Good work, Lohan. At this rate, no one will consider you a child actress. You'll be the pin-up you always wanted to be. What high aspirations.

No comments: