Tuesday, July 18, 2006


Mr. T in a suit? Weird. And no gold chains? Even weirder. Writer Paul Davidson met Mr. T in a Starbucks and the following conversation ensued:

Dude: “Uh, Mr. T? Can I ask you a question?”

Mr. T: “Yeah, yeah. What is your question?”

Dude: “Do you still pity the fool? I mean, or was that just an 80’s thing or something?”

Mr. T: “Do I still…what?”

Dude: “You know…do you still pity the fool? Like you used to pity those fools in the 80’s? I mean, you went around all over the place and on the TV pitying the fools but then suddenly you just stopped saying it…but people sometimes stop saying trademark phrases they’re known for but still…you know…still think it, or hold those kind of ideas close to them…”

Mr. T: “You’re kidding me…right?”

Dude: “No, well… No.”

Mr. T: “I pity the fool who has to ask me if I still pity the fool.”

(Thanks, Cityrag for the story.)

No comments: